Social Login Magento Extension Manual v1.1.0
In this document, you will find step by step instructions for installing and using this extension. Thank you for paying attention to this manual. If you have more questions please post your question on themeforest item page and our staff will put its best to help you http://themeforest.net/
Magento Social Login extension allows Customers to log in to your site using their accounts of various popular networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter.
Eliminate traditional registration form and let your users sign-up in few seconds with their existing social account. This will increase your sign-up rate up to 150%. System will automatically use the information from their social account to log in
Full features list
- Just need to enter their usernames and passwords to log in. No other information is required.
- Support 3 popular social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter
- Enable / disable each network
- Change position of social login icons
- No programming skills required
- Easy to install and configure
Extension package contain following files and folders
- Documentation - documentation in html format
- Extension - extension source code
We do recommend to install and test the extension on development server before installing it on live store
BackupBackup store files and the store database.
- Disable compilation mode in System > Tools > Compilation.
- disable Magento cache - Cache Management
- Log out from magento admin panel ( if you logged in ). This step is required to reset magento access control cache
- Unzip extension package
- Navigation into
- Upload content of
package/Extensionto your magento root directory.
- and so on
Social Login does not overwrite any magento core files
- Set correct file permissions for all the theme files which you uploaded to your server.
- Enable & configure the extension - Social Login configuration
No "NWDthemes" item in main menu.
- check that all files were uploaded.
- check that all files have correct permissions.
- check that Magento cache is disabled - Cache Management.
I get 404 error in System > Configuration > Social Login
- Logout from backend and login back
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
If you require to disable the extension without removing it completely, go to System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced > Disable Modules Output and disable the module Nwdthemes_Sociallogin
If you want to completely remove extension, follow these steps:
- Disable compilation, in case it is enabled. ( System > Tools > Compilation )
- Login to your FTP, navigate to
- Open the file Nwdthemes_Sociallogin.xml and change the following line:
- Clear the cache under
- Make sure that the site is working properly
- If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
Navigate to System > Configuration > Nwdthemes extensions > Social Login configuration to modify extension configuration
- Social icons side - Show social icons on left/rigth side
- Hide on mobile devices - Show / hide social login on mobile devices
- Enable Facebook Login - Facebook status
- App ID - App ID
- App Secret - App Secret
- Enable Google Login - Google status
- Client ID - Client ID
- Client Secret - Client Secret
- Enable Twitter Login - Twitter status
- Consumer Key - Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret - Consumer Secret
Create Facebook app
- Navigate to Facebook Developers page.
- Click on Add a New App
- Select Website as a platform
- Enter your site url in Settings
- Copy app ID and secret to extension configuration
Create Twitter app
- Login to twitter
- Navigate to https://apps.twitter.com/
- Click on Create new app
- Fill Website and Callback URL
Website = http://demo.nwdthemes.com
Callback URL = http://demo.nwdthemes.com/nwdthemes_sociallogin/twitter/connect/
- Switch to Settings tab and check Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter checkbox
- Switch to API Keys tab and Copy app key and secret to extension configuration
Create Google project
- Navigate to Google APIs Console
- Create new project
- navigate to APIs & auth > Credentials and create new Client ID ( OAuth )
- After that you will see Client ID for web application. Here you will find Client ID and Client secret data
- navigate to APIs & auth > Consent screen and enter data about your application.
- You're done
We do not provide support of magento core features. More inormation about Magento can be found in Useful links
This screen will allow you to manage cache settings for different internal Magento aspects. To access the Cache Management screen (System > Cache Management)
To disable caching you need to Select all items, select disable in actions and click submit.
More info about caching - Cache Management
To access the index management screen, go to System > Index Management.
To rebuild your indexes, select all, select Reindex Data and click Submit button.
Help & Support
- Magento FAQ: http://www.magentocommerce.com/product/faq
- System Requirements: http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements/
- Server Compatibility Check: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-know-if-my-server-is-compatible-with-magento
- Installation Guide: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/magento-installation-guide
- Video Tutorials – Magento Go http://go.magento.com/video-tutorials
- Magento Wiki http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/
- Magento Forum http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/
- stackoverflow.com http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/magento
- Magento Answers Stack Exchange http://magento.stackexchange.com/
Support hours: 10AM – 6PM GMT+1 time, Monday – Friday. The support response time is 24-48 hours.
Support for our items includes:
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Responding to problems regarding the item and its features
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
Item support does not include:
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
- Support for Magento: configuration, installation, maintenance etc.