Floating Contact Form Manual
In this document, you will find step by step instructions for installing and using this extension. Thank you for paying attention to this manual. If you have more questions please post your question on themeforest item page and our staff will put its best to help you http://themeforest.net/
Floating Contact Form - simple way to stay in touch with your customers. Whether you are a new startup or a small business, the way to survive and grow is to keep in touch with your customers. This module allows you to add ajax contact form in no time. Contact us button is displayed on every page and always visible, so your customers does not have to search for contact form. Floating Contact Form is a perfect solution because the form gets submitted without refreshing the page and loosing customer attention.
Full features list
- ajax contact form
- two predefined color schemes
- displayed on every store page
- ajust contact button position
- free support
- Compatible with all the modern browsers
- Multi-store supported
- No programming skills required
- Easy to install and configure
- Meets Magento programming practices
Extension package contain following files and folders
- Documentation - documentation in html format
- Extension - extension source code
We do recommend to install and test the extension on development server before installing it on live store
BackupBackup store files and the store database.
- Disable compilation mode in System > Tools > Compilation.
- disable Magento cache - Cache Management
- Log out from magento admin panel ( if you logged in ). This step is required to reset magento access control cache
- Unzip extension package
- Navigation into
- Upload content of
package/Extensionto your magento root directory.
- and so on
Floating Contact Form does not overwrite any magento core files
- Set correct file permissions for all the theme files which you uploaded to your server.
- Enable & configure the extension - Floating Contact Form configuration
No "NWDthemes" item in main menu.
- check that all files were uploaded.
- check that all files have correct permissions.
- check that Magento cache is disabled - Cache Management.
I get 404 error in System > Configuration > Floating Contact Form
- Logout from backend and login back
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
If you require to disable the extension without removing it completely, go to System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced > Disable Modules Output and disable the module Nwdthemes_Floatcontact
If you want to completely remove extension, follow these steps:
- Disable compilation, in case it is enabled. ( System > Tools > Compilation )
- Login to your FTP, navigate to
- Open the file Nwdthemes_Floatcontact.xml and change the following line:
- Clear the cache under
- Make sure that the site is working properly
- If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
Navigate to System > Configuration > Nwdthemes extensions > Floating Contact configuration to modify extension configuration
- Status - Enable / disable all powerbanners instances
- Form Action - define if form will send email or store contact request in database.
If you choose "Save to database", requests can be checked in Contact Requests
If you choose "Send email", sender and recipient email address can be setup in System > Configuration > Contacts
- Position - define trigger button
- Float button color scheme - define trigger button color scheme - black | white
- Hide on mobile - show / hide form and button on mobile
- Hide screen width - Hide form if screen width equal or less X ( px )
You can save contact requests to database instead of sending emails. To check requests navigate to NWDthemes > Floating Contact Form > Contact Requests. You can mark request as read and remove it completely.
We do not provide support of magento core features. More inormation about Magento can be found in Useful links
This screen will allow you to manage cache settings for different internal Magento aspects. To access the Cache Management screen (System > Cache Management)
To disable caching you need to Select all items, select disable in actions and click submit.
More info about caching - Cache Management
To access the index management screen, go to System > Index Management.
To rebuild your indexes, select all, select Reindex Data and click Submit button.
Help & Support
- Magento FAQ: http://www.magentocommerce.com/product/faq
- System Requirements: http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements/
- Server Compatibility Check: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-know-if-my-server-is-compatible-with-magento
- Installation Guide: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/magento-installation-guide
- Video Tutorials – Magento Go http://go.magento.com/video-tutorials
- Magento Wiki http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/
- Magento Forum http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/
- stackoverflow.com http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/magento
- Magento Answers Stack Exchange http://magento.stackexchange.com/
Support hours: 10AM – 6PM GMT+1 time, Monday – Friday. The support response time is 24-48 hours.
Support for our items includes:
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Responding to problems regarding the item and its features
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
Item support does not include:
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
- Support for Magento: configuration, installation, maintenance etc.